Your device needs recovery over the due course of time. But if you install a few custom recovery marks a significant step to update your device. One such custom recovery software is the installation of custom ROMs and TWRP recovery. For this purpose, you need to install custom recovery and an unlocked bootloader to bring any changes to your device. So, you understand the importance of a custom recovery or TWRP recovery.
To download and install TWRP on your Redmi Note 4, you need to pass through three different stages and which are: Prerequisites, Downloads, and instructions. These three are important to make it a success, and you need to go step-by-step.
But performing these Unlocking bootloader, Installing TWRP, and any other system modifications action invites a lot of risk along with it. The first risk it will bring is that the warranty your manufacturer provides becomes null and void. This article is just for your knowledge and education purposes. So, you need to be careful and sure while going ahead with the process. So, let’s start each instruction one-by-one.
This section will provide you information about the necessities you need to follow before moving ahead with the process. You also need to follow some basic points that are required to proceed. You should abide by the instructions mentioned below.
- Charge your phone battery at least 70%.
- However, you also need to take a full backup of your data to avoid data loss.
- Check the unlocking of the bootloader in your Redmi Note 4 device.
- Then enable the USB Debugging mode in the Android Developer Settings.
- You must have your exact USB driver installed on your computer.
- You should also possess Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools installations on your computer.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Mido) via Fastboot?
You should have ADB and Fastboot to install the TWRP Recovery using the Fastboot method on your computer. If you already have got them installed, just follow the below instructions that will work just right for you.
- At first, you need to download the TWRP Recovery Image file on your Redmi Note 4 smartphone. You can even download it from trusted source links.
- When you have downloaded the image, you need to transfer it into your ADB folder that you can find easily in ‘Local Disk’.
- Establish a connection between your smartphone and your computer through a USB cable.
- Then you need to open the ‘Powershell window’ in the ADB folder by tapping ‘Shift Key + right-click‘.
- After this, you need to click on the below command in the Powershell window. This will allow your device to boot into Fastboot mode.
- Then you need to enter the command that is mentioned below to check whether or not a device is connected to your computer. You can proceed on the next step if your screen is showing your unique ID. If not, then you need to establish re-connection once again.
- After the above step, you can use the TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 by this below command.
- After you have completed the above step, you need to enter the command mentioned below for rebooting your smartphone into MIUI from bootloader mode.