Step By Step Tutorial To Factory Reset Xiaomi Mi A2
When the Mi A2 first came out, it had mixed reactions from the users. It was a good phone of course but, the increased pricing made some existing Mi A1 users pretty unhappy. However, it actually didn’t do badly in the market & now there are a large number of users for this phone. So, if you have a Mi A2 & maybe it has gone slow or maybe you’re having some kind of weird software issue on your phone then, a Factory Reset might just be the solution. It’s actually pretty easy to perform a factory reset on your Mi A2. There are a total of two ways to do it & we have mentioned both of them here.
Things You Must Do Before The Factory Reset
- You’ll need to Back up all your data from your phone’s Internal Storage first. The reset process deletes the data inside the internal memory.
- Next, make sure to remember the password of your Google account from which that you’re logged into your device. You may get asked to log-in with your password in the same Google account after the Reset is done. Otherwise, you may not able to unlock your phone.
Also Read: How To Install Gcam On Xiaomi Mi A2
Ways To Perform A Successful Factory Reset
You can Factory Reset on your phone using two different ways. As we’ve mentioned before, we have listed both of them here. Regardless of which way you decide to go with, follow each & every step carefully to perform a successful Factory Reset.
Reset Your Mi A2 From Settings
- Go to your app drawer (swipe up from the bottom of the Home screen)
- Find “Settings” & click on it.
- Inside The “Settings” menu , go to “System” > “Advanced” > “Reset”
- Inside the “Reset” menu, select the “Erase all data (factory reset)” option.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to start the Factory Reset process.
Reset Your Mi A2 Using The Other Process
- Shut Down your device.
- Now, Press & Hold the “Power” & “Volume Down” Key together until the device makes a vibration.
- When you hear the vibration, release the power key but, keep the Volume Down key pressed down.
- A system menu will then appear. Go to the “Wipe all data (Factory Reset)” option. You can go to the option using the volume keys & select the option by pressing the power key.
- Select “Yes” from the confirmation options & the device will start the Factory Reset process.
After the Factory Reset gets finished, you’ll need to set up your phone again. To do this, set up the language & a preferred Internet connection. Now login to your Google Account that you were using on your phone. If there is also an option for using the device pattern or pin to login, you can use that as well. Now perform the initial setup on your device & you have a Mi A2 good as new.