The Pocophone F1 is definitely the best budget flagship smartphone of last year. But, having all that powerful hardware doesn’t mean that, it can’t get a little slow or have a few software issues from time to time. A Factory Reset solves these problems most of the time. Though, if the issues started after a firmware update there’s no surety that the reset would help. Because there can be a problem with the firmware. But, if you must perform a Factory Reset anyway, then here’s how to Factory Reset your Pocophone F1,
Things to do before you start The Factory Reset process on your Pocophone F1
Before we jump into the process, you must do a few things so, you don’t lose any data or get locked out of your device.
- Back up all the data in your Internal Storage. A Factory Reset wipes out the Internal Storage.
- Remember the password of your Google account from which you’re logged into the phone. You may need it to unlock your device after the reset & prove your authenticity. If you forget the password & change it somewhere else you’ll need to wait 3 days before you can log-in with your new password.
That’s all for the pre-reset process. Also, you’ll be on your current firmware after the reset so, no worries about that.
Also Read: How To Install Gcam on Pocophone F1
Steps to Factory Reset Pocophone F1
You can factory reset your Pocophone F1 in two different methods. The first one is from inside the Settings menu & the other one is from the Android System menu. Check out the methods below.
Method 1: From The Settings Menu
- First, you’ll need to open the “Settings” menu.
- Then find & click on the “Backup & Reset” option. If you can’t find it, just search for “Reset” or “Backup & Reset” in the search box inside the settings menu.
- Now locate the “Factory Reset” (Erase all data) option & click on it.
- Proceed with the on-screen instructions to start the reset process.
Method 2: From The System Menu
- First, you need to shut down your device.
- Once it’s off, press & hold the “Power key” & “Volume Down key” altogether.
- You’ll hear a vibration & at that moment, release the Power key but, keep the Volume Down key pressed down.
- The System menu will then open up. You need to find the Wipe all data (Factory Reset) option. Go to that option using the volume keys & press the power key to select (enter) it.
- A new menu will open asking if you want to do the Factory Reset or not. Select “Yes” & the resetting process will start.
That’s how you Factory Reset your Pocophone F1. It’s unlikely but, if you still have any confusion, let us know in the comments section below. We’ll love to assist you.