The Mi 9 & Mix Mix 3 are great flagships without a doubt but, the Xiaomi flagship that is turning most heads is the Redmi K20 Pro (aka Mi 9T Pro). A design that looks super cool, top of the line specifications & all of this in a quite compelling price tag. So, if you own one or maybe thinking of getting one, you must know, how to factory reset your Redmi K20 Pro/Mi 9T Pro. That’s what this tutorial is about so, let’s get started.
Things You Must Do Before The Factory Reset
- You’ll need to Back up all your data from your phone’s Internal Storage first. The reset process deletes the data inside the internal memory.
- Next, make sure to remember the password of your Google account from which that you’re logged into your device. You may get asked to log-in with your password in the same Google account after the Reset is done. Otherwise, you may not able to unlock your phone.
Procedures To Perform A Successful Factory Reset On Your Redmi K20 Pro/Mi 9T Pro
You can perform a Factory Reset on your phone using two different procedures. Check out both of them below & decide which one is best for you. After you’re done deciding, follow each & every step carefully to perform a Factory Reset.
Resetting Using The Settings Menu
- First, look for “Settings” in your app list. Once you find it, click on it to open the Settings Menu on your phone
- Then, go to “Backup & Reset” (if you can’t find the option, search for Reset in the search bar inside the Settings menu).
- Inside the Backup & Reset menu, you’ll find the “Factory Reset” (Erase all data) option. Click on it.
- Now, simple on-screen instructions show up. Follow them to start the reset process.
Resetting Using The System Menu
- Shut Down your phone.
- Then, Press & Hold the “Power” & “Volume Down” Key together until the device vibrates.
- Just after feeling the vibration, release the power key but, keep the Volume Down key pressed down.
- Once the System Menu appears, go to the Wipe all data (Factory Reset) option. You can navigate using the volume keys & select the option by pressing the power key.
- Select “Yes” from the confirmation options & the factory reset process will then start.
After you’re done with the Factory Reset, you’ll need to set up your phone again. To do this, start by logging into your Google Account. If you also have the option for using the device pattern or pin to log-in, that’s fine too. Now set your device (like you did when you first got the device) & your phone is good as new while keeping the latest firmware.