How To Factory Reset Your Redmi Note 7 Pro – Step By Step Guide
If your Redmi Note 7 Pro is running slowly, maybe stuttering time to time or the OS is misbehaving, a Factory Reset might help. So, how to Factory Reset your Redmi Note 7 Pro then? Well, before we proceed with further instructions, there are a few safety steps that you need to follow first.
What to do before performing a Factory Reset?
- Factory Reset wipes the Internal Memory of your phone. So, you need to back up all the data in your phone’s Internal Storage before you perform a Factory Reset.
- Make sure you remember the password of your Google account (that you’re logged into on your phone). You may need to verify your authenticity by logging into your account after the Reset is done.
Steps to Factory Reset Redmi Note 7 Pro
There are two different ways to factory reset your Redmi Note 7 Pro. One of them is the easy way the other is slightly hard. Which one you’ll prefer is entirely up to you but, we’re listing them both.
Doing it the easy way
- Go to “Settings” > “Backup & Reset” (search for Reset in case you can’t find it)
- Once you find the option, click on it. Multiple options will show up in this newly opened menu.
- Look for “Factory Reset” (Erase all data) & click on it.
- Proceed with the on-screen instructions to start the reset process.
Doing it the hard way
- Shut down your device
- Press & Hold the “Power” & “Volume Down” Key together until you hear a vibration
- When the device vibrates, release the power key but, keep the Volume Down key pressed down.
- A menu will then open up. Locate the Wipe all data (Factory Reset) option. Navigate to that option using the volume keys & press the power key to select the option.
- A new menu will open asking if you want to do the Reset or not. Select “Yes” & the Reset process will start.
That’s it. After your phone finishes the Reset Process, it’s good as new again & it’ll also retain your latest firmware version. Now, verify your identity, set-up your phone & you’re good to go. But, in case you still have some confusion or questions, please drop them in the comments section below. We’ll be happy to assist you.
Read Next: How To Fix “Unfortunately app has stopped working” Error On Mi Mix 2, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Mi A2 And Others