No Deposit Bonuses: Are They Really Worth It?
Online casinos offer all kinds of bonuses and promotional offers, anything to get new players to sign up and keep existing ones from running off to other sites. But most of these deals ask you to fork out your funds upfront, matching your deposit with bonus money and free spins. If only there was a bonus that simply handed out the cash without asking for anything in return…
Well, that’s where no deposit bonuses come in. These promotions don’t depend on any deposits you make. Instead, they get handed out upon registering or signing in. You might even think of them as free money, but before you start getting ahead of yourself, remember that there is a catch. No deposit bonuses come with all sorts of terms and conditions too, which limit the amount of bonus funds you get, how you use them and the amount of winnings you can claim through them.
So, are these no deposit bonuses ultimately worth your while?
What is a No Deposit Bonus?
Just like all other online casino deals, no deposit bonuses are promotional offers that give you a little something extra to play your favourite games online. The key factor in these bonuses is that you receive them without having to deposit any of your own money. They’re given out without asking for any deposits upfront, so you can explore games and potentially win real money risk-free.
You can get all kinds of no deposit bonuses, offering you free spins, bonus cash or even a mix of both.
- Free Spins – A number of free spins that can be used on a selection of the online casino’s video slots. Sites tend to limit their availability to one or a handful of games that they might be actively promoting.
- Bonus Cash – This is bonus money that gets added to your account. It comes with a set of terms and conditions, including wagering requirements and can be used across a wide variety of games including video slots, table games and live casino options.
The most obvious advantage that you get from no deposit bonuses is the fact that you can explore an online casino and its games without any financial commitment whatsoever. With that being said, no deposit bonuses also come with their very own sets of terms and conditions and you should read these thoroughly before signing up. Make sure you understand exactly what the bonus entails and you’ll save yourself some surprises further down the line. Be on the lookout for wagering requirements, maximum cashout limits and game restrictions.
There is always one big difference between match deposit bonuses and no deposit bonuses. While match deposit bonuses may make you dream big with bonuses that can go over ₹55,000, no deposit bonuses are way smaller. They generally cap at around ₹1,000 or ₹2,000 with a few exceptions that go above that figure. Online casinos aren’t all too happy to give you huge amounts of free money, so the limitation is understandable. Then again, this is also reflected in the terms and conditions that come with no deposit bonuses, as these tend to be much easier to clear than the ones on match deposit bonuses.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions are there to make sure you use the funds or free spins in a way that ultimately protects the interest of the online casino. Understanding what they bring to the table helps you get more realistic expectations of where these bonuses could ultimately lead. Some of the most common ones you’ll come across include:
- Wagering Requirements – The key condition to look for. This tells you the number of times you must wager the bonus amount before any of the potential bonus winnings you make can be withdrawn. Wagering requirements will vary from one site to another and they tend to be lower than the ones you get on match deposit bonuses. With no deposit bonuses, the average tends to be around 15x your bonus.
- Validity Period – Your no deposit bonus won’t stick around forever, and you get a time limit within which you have to use the bonus and clear any wagering requirements. Failure to do so will forfeit the bonus and all potential winnings you may have earned.
- Game Restrictions – No deposit bonuses may be exclusively locked to one or several games from the online casino. It might be that the casino wants to promote certain titles or that it’s preventing you from playing low-risk games to fulfil your wagering requirements. Bonuses can also exclude entire game types from contributing towards wagering requirements, so make sure that the bonus you get can be used on the games you enjoy playing.
- Maximum Bet Limit – Bonuses can impose restrictions on the maximum bet size that you can place when using bonus funds. You’ll want to stay within the stipulated limits, as going over them may void both your bonus and its potential winnings.
- Maximum Withdrawal Limit – Online casinos won’t just let you build up a hoard of winnings using your no deposit bonus. So, you’re given limitations that stipulate the amount that can be withdrawn from your bonus winnings. Anything that goes above this limit will be forfeited.
As always, make sure you read carefully through the terms and conditions of any no deposit bonus. Evaluate the actual value of the deal once all of these elements have been taken into consideration.
Advantages of No Deposit Bonuses
There are loads of great reasons to grab yourself a no deposit bonus from an online casino and these include:
- An Introduction to New Platforms – Registering at a new online casino generally means depositing to test out their full features and games. But with a no deposit bonus, the process of checking out new sites is much easier, since you don’t need to use any of your money upfront.
- Chance to Win Real Money – Once you manage to clear any wagering requirements, you stand the chance of winning real money from your no deposit bonus. You may not necessarily want to focus on turning a profit here, but any extra winnings that come your way will be more than welcome.
- Space to Practice and Develop Your Skill – You can use your no deposit bonus to test out new tactics and strategies on your favourite games. Having removed the risk of losing your own money, the bonus funds are a great way to check out new games or refine any existing techniques that you have.
Disadvantages of No Deposit Bonuses
Despite their many advantages, no deposit bonuses also come with their fair share of drawbacks and these include:
- Wagering Requirements – This is possibly the most frustrating of all bonus terms and conditions. Wagering requirements can seriously dent your hopes and dreams of winning big through bonus funds. You may have managed to score an excellent win, only to realise that you’ll need to wager those funds several times before they can be withdrawn.
- Game Restrictions – Some no deposit bonuses may not be available on the games you enjoy playing most. It can be a dealbreaker in some cases, as you might end up having to play through games that don’t interest you at all.
- Win Limits – Wins through no deposit bonuses can be seriously capped, so you’ll need to ground your expectations to avoid disappointment.
- Complex Terms – Some online casinos may not be as clear and transparent with their terms and conditions, which can be very frustrating. Avoid shady sites with unclear terms and stick to the ones that are clear and make sense to you.
Are No Deposit Bonuses Worth Claiming?
There are loads of excellent elements that no deposit bonuses bring to the table, and you’ll need to look at each bonus separately to decide their worth. If the no deposit bonus you come across gives you fair wagering requirements within a generous timeframe, then you should consider claiming it. You’ll also find that some casinos offer wager-free no deposit bonuses. These deals are completely free of wagering requirements, so you get free cash added immediately to your account.