How To Factory Reset Your Redmi Note 7 Safely
If you’re here, it probably means that your Redmi Note 7 is either stuttering or it is running slowly or maybe the apps are stopping randomly. All these situations might get resolved by a Factory Reset. But, how to Factory Reset your Redmi Note 7 safely? Let me tell you that it is easy and before you try to do it, a few safety steps are there that you must follow.
What to do before Factory Resetting Your Redmi Note 7?
- So, first, you’ll need to back up the data in your phone’s Internal Storage. The rest will wipe the Internal Memory of your phone. However, it’ll keep the latest firmware.
- You must remember the password of your Google account (that you’re logged into on your phone). You may need that to verify that it’s you & unlock your phone by logging into your account after the Reset.
Steps to Factory Reset Redmi Note 7
There are two different ways to factory reset your Redmi Note 7 Pro. One of them is the easy way the other is slightly hard. Which one you’ll prefer is entirely up to you but, we’re listing them both.
In case you want the process to be somewhat easy
- Firstly, go to “Settings” > “Backup & Reset” (search for Reset in case you can’t find the option).
- Found the option? Click on it.
- Several options will show up now. Find “Factory Reset” (Erase all data) and click on it.
- Strictly follow the on-screen instructions to start the reset process.
In case you don’t mind to play around a bit
- Shut down your Redmi Note 7.
- Now, you need to Press & Hold the “Power” & “Volume Down” Key together until you hear a vibration.
- This is the important part. When the device vibrates, you need to release the power key. But, you do need to keep the Volume Down key pressed down.
- A system menu will then open up. Look for the Wipe all data (Factory Reset) option. Go to that option using the volume keys & press the power key to select the option.
- The final menu will open up asking if you want to perform the Reset or not. Select “Yes” & the Reset process will start.
That was the end of the steps that you need to follow to reset your Redmi Note 7. Now, after your phone is the reset process, it will go back to a quite faster & problem free state. Now, you need to verify your identity, set-up your phone & you’re good to go. But, in case you still have any doubts about the process, definitely tell us in the comments section below. We’ll help you with all your questions regarding this or any other Xiaomi products.