The Xiaomi Mi 9 is a straight on flagship from Xiaomi. It is powered by the latest Snapdragon 855 & it also has that 48MP IMX586 camera sensor from Sony. So, a great sensor with an excellent ISP means that this camera can take some pretty stunning shots. The stock camera app is good but, it really doesn’t match up with the Google Camera. You cannot install the Google Camera directly in the Mi 9 but, you can get a Gcam mod for it. So, in this article, we’ll teach you how to install Gcam on Mi 9 & take you step-by-step through the whole process.
Download the latest Gcam Mod
Not many developers are developing Gcam mods for the Mi 9 but, you can try the ones made by xtrme. We’re dropping the link below.
How To Install Gcam on Mi 9
- Download the latest mod of Google Camera (MGC) for the Mi 9 from the link mentioned above.
- You can locate the downloaded “.apk” file in your Download Manager or My Files. Locate it & click on it.
- A dialog box will pop up, giving some warning about external app installation in your device. Allow permission by following the on-screen instruction.
- An app installation menu will then show up. Click on “Install“.
- After the process is successfully done & the app is now installed. Open the app & allow the needed permissions that the app is asking for.
You’re Gcam is now ready for use. Go out & take some amazing shots with your Mi 9. If you need help with any Xiaomi smartphone, you can let us know that in the comment section below.