Xiaomi is getting huge all around the world. Recently they launched a new smartphone and hit the market again with a super affordable smartphone “Redmi K20 Pro” in the USA.
While most of us have a mindset that the Redmi is a brand which offers only mid-range budget phone, but now the independent brand has come out with a beast in its way that does sound quite convincing and profitable.
It already has a lot of different and unique features that you usually don’t find in common Xiaomi mobiles, like water resistance, high refresh rate display, and the likes.
And then there’s the price that makes the Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro come off as one of the sweetest deals this year. Then again, a lower price also begs the question of whether there are any significant compromises you should know about.
Here are some of the brief specifications of the Redmi K20 pro.
- Screen: 6.39-inch full-HD
- Processor: Snapdragon 855 (2.84 GHz)
- RAM: 6/8GB
- Rear camera: 48-megapixel with f/1.8 + 8-megapixel telephoto lens with f/2.4 + 12-megapixel ultra wide lens with f/2.4
- Front camera: 20-megapixel with f/2.2
- Battery: 4,000 mAH
- Internal storage: 128/256GB
- Fast charging: Qualcomm Quick Charging 4.0+
How to Install TWRP on Redmi k20 Pro USA
TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project is the most popular custom recovery
Today, 90%+ Android devices have an option called “Recovery” in their smartphones. TWRP is an advanced Touch Recovery menu that gives us many options.
It allows the user to do many things, such as flashing different ROMs on your device, making a backup of your device, and restoring those backups. Stock Recovery menus often have restricted features. It only gives us some options, such as resetting and updating the device.
1) Have a complete backup of all your data. In case, if something unfavorable happens.
3) A Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
4) Install the ADB and USB Driver on your Windows PC from here
5) Install Xiaomi USB drivers.
6)Your device battery should at least be at 70%
9 Easy Steps to install TWRP on your Redmi K20 Pro
1) Download updated Redmi K20Pro TWRP recovery image and install zip files.
2) create a new folder and move or copy all the files there.
3) Make sure all necessary drivers are installed on your computer.
4) Now, Boot your Redmi K20 pro in fast boot mode. To do that, Switch off your phone and Hold power + volume down at the same time.
5) Connect your phone to the PC with the USB cable.
6) In your computer, Open the extracted ADB Folder(moved files) and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
7) Next, type the following command lines
fastboot flash recovery TWRP-3.3.1-Raphael-UNOFFICIAL.img
8) After that, TWRP will be successfully installed on your Redmi K20 pro
9) Reboot your device, that’s all
How to Root Redmi K20 Pro USA
Rooting allows you to unlock the real potential and open Android to a whole new level of unprecedented control. With rooting, you can control almost everything on your device and make the software work the way you want it.
You don’t need to be frustrated anymore because of OEMs and their slow (or nonexistent) support, bloatware, and questionable choices. Instead, you control what remains on your phone and what goes.
Steps to Root Redmi k20 Pro USA
1 )Before you root make sure you have a backup of your device
2) Download the Magisk app on your Redmi K20 Pro
3) Place it in your internal memory or SD card on your device.
4) then go into the recovery by pressing the “Volume up+Power button” simultaneously
6) Then in TWRP select Install
7)Magisk.zip and select the file.
8) Install and flash it.
9) Restart your device and finish.
Yes, that’s all. After completing all the steps your unrooted Redmi k20 pro will convert into a rooted one.
For checking, download the Root checker app, it will tell you in seconds whether your device is rooted or not.
For detailed understanding watch this video on How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro USA.