How to Factory Reset Redmi Note 5 Pro – Simple Steps
The Redmi Note 5 Pro is definitely the best budget flagship smartphone of last year. However, having all that strong hardware doesn’t mean that, it can’t get a little slow or have a few software issues from time to time. Though, if the issues started after a firmware update there’s no surety that the reset would help. Because there can be a problem with the firmware. A Factory Reset solves these problems most of the time. Whereas, if you want to perform a Factory Reset anyway, then here’s how to Factory Reset your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Things to do before you start The Factory Reset process on your Redmi Note 5 Pro
Before we jump into the process, you must do a few things so, you don’t lose any data or get locked out of your device.
- Back up all the data in your Internal Storage. A Factory Reset wipes out the Internal Storage.
- Remember the password of your Google account from which you’re logged into the phone. You may need it to unlock your device after the reset & prove your authenticity. If you forget the password & change it somewhere else you’ll need to wait 3 days before you can log-in with your new password.
That’s all for the pre-reset process. Also, you’ll be on your current firmware after the reset so, no worries about that.
Also Read: How To Install Gcam on Redmi Note 5 Pro
Steps to Factory Reset Redmi Note 5 Pro
You can factory reset your Redmi Note 5 Pro in two different methods. Check out the methods below.
Method 1: From The Settings Menu
- First, you’ll need to open the “Settings” menu.
- Then find & click on the “Backup & Reset” option. If you can’t find it, just search for “Reset” or “Backup & Reset” in the search box inside the settings menu.
- Now locate the “Factory Reset” (Erase all data) option & click on it.
- Proceed with the on-screen instructions to start the reset process.
Method 2: From The Boot Menu
- Firstly, you need to shut down your device.
- Once it’s off, press & hold the “Power key” & “Volume Down key” altogether.
- You’ll hear a vibration & at that moment, release the Power key but, keep the Volume Down key pressed down.
- The System menu will then open up. You need to find the Wipe all data (Factory Reset) option. Go to that option using the volume keys & press the power key to select (enter) it.
- A new menu will open asking if you want to do the Factory Reset or not. Select “Yes” & the resetting process will start.